Linksys Smart Wi-Fi
The Linksys Smart Wi-Fi platform from CISCO offers users something completely new - centralized cloud management of the home network. It solves two previously incompatible tasks: remote management and provision of access to networked content via the Internet and ensuring a high level of security of the home network. This was achieved with the help of modern cloud technologies.
The Linksys Smart Wi-Fi platform consists of two parts: Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Tools - a set of applications that provide basic functionality - third-party applications that you can install on your mobile device for any additional functions. With the help of linksys smart wi-fi Tools user can:
- Configure all routers compatible with this technology via a web browser or mobile application. And access is possible not only from within the network, but also from the outside, via the Internet, virtually from anywhere in the world;
- view the list of users connected to the network;
- Connect additional network devices to the network;
- Allow guest access to the Internet without access to the resources of the home network.
- Set up parental control with an indication of the period of access to the Internet and the blocking of specific sites. And parental control is configured for each specific network device, not for the network as a whole. Thus, you can specify different settings for computers used by children and computers used by adults;
- Access data stored on a USB storage device connected to the router. Unlike traditional cloud storage, data is stored on the user's own equipment, and the maximum amount is limited only by the amount of the drive. Thus, nothing prevents, for example, to store there a personal collection of HD movies, and view them through the Internet on a tablet or laptop.
FAQ Related to linksys smart wi-fi
What do you mean by linksys smart wi-fi Account?
This account can be utilized to deal with the Linksys switches that associated inside your home system. Switch login bolster group is likewise accessible whenever you require direction with respect to the Linksys Wi-Fi account.
You can get to your home system effectively by login the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi account the default login subtle elements. These default login points of interest can be changed whenever you feel unreliable for the home system security.
What is the default password and username for my linksys smart wi-fi?
Much the same as alternate switches and systems gadgets, linksys smart wi-fi account likewise presented with the default login details of interest. Here we are giving the login data of interest you can use to get to the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi account. Whenever you require switch login bolster with respect to any sort of issue, you can contact our group for help. Here are login details,
Default Login Name: admin
Default Password: admin
This is what you can use to get to your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi represent the first run through. Keep in mind, you should change these default login points of interest at the earliest opportunity on the grounds that the default login details stay same for every single Linksys Smart account and any individual who knows about these login points of interest can get to your Linksys account effortlessly.
What makes linksys smart wi-fi app stand out among others?
This Apps is a software package offered by developers that is compatible with the linksys smart wi-fi platform. Such programs provide additional functionality of the cloud platform. For example, they allow you to organize flexible filtering of content received by network devices via the Internet (block pornography, online casinos, unwanted social networks, etc.), work with content coming from inside the network (for example, to watch the video stream from a home web cameras) and much more that the user may need.
How one can get benefit of this linksys smart wi-fi app?
For the user, it all looks very simple: from the application store (for example, the App Store or Google Play), it downloads the desired programs for Linksys Smart Wi-Fi to their mobile devices, connects them to their account in the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi system, and simply uses all the features of this app. Thus, a normal Smartphone can turn into a center for remote network management, as well as provide easy and at the same time secure access to on-network content.
Which Linksys router considered to be first choice of operating under 802.11ac standard and why?
One of the first representatives of wireless routers capable of operating under the 802.11ac standard is the Linksys EA6500. Being fully compatible with the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi platform, it provides all the capabilities for cloud management of the network, and is also capable of supporting data exchange at speeds up to 1300 Mbit / s over a wireless network. In addition, the EA6500 is equipped with two USB ports for connecting external devices (flash drives, external hard drives and printers) to which network access is necessary.
Why Linksys Smart Wi-Fi is popular among the users?
Cisco has announced a new intelligent Linksys Smart Wi-Fi app along with a Universal Media Connector. These are the first devices supporting the wireless technology of the new generation 802.11ac. This technology approximately triples the speed of data transmission compared with the standard adopted today 802.11n.
Buying a Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router EA6500 will be a good option for me?
Yes, ofcourse. The Linksys Wi-Fi EA6500 router is characterized by a combination of optimum performance 802.11ac technology along with the Cisco Cloud intelligent software platform. As a result, an intuitive solution is created that simplifies the processes of connecting, managing and interacting users with home gadgets and systems. Using the Universal Media Connector (Linksys Universal Media Connector), home users will be able to connect to the new router intelligent TV receivers, and many other devices.
What are the basic features of Linksys Smart Wi-Fi EA6500?
- Transfer / reception: 3 x 3
- Antennas: 6 built-in antennas with high power amplifiers
- 2.4 GHz band: 802.11n technology (backward compatibility with 802.11b / g), up to 450 Mbit / s
- 5 GHz band: 802.11ac technology (backward compatibility with 802.11a / n), up to 1 300 Mbit / s
- Cisco Connect Cloud
- USB ports: 2 (shared storage, virtual USB and media server)
- Ports x speed: 4 x Gigabit LAN / 1 x Gigabit WAN
- Support for IPv6 and 6rd by default
Is it possible to connect and configure the Wi-Fi router yourself?
Maybe! And throw away all sorts of doubts and excuses, they say, I cannot, it's complicated, etc. Well, for example, we have set everything up; and also wrote the instructions on the site. If you plan to call a wizard who installs and configures Wi-Fi, then my advice to you, try yourself first. It does not work out - call the wizard. It turns out - excellent! Well, you yourself will set everything up. Moreover, everything is relatively simple. You just need to!
How to configure my Linksys Wi-Fi with Samsung television?
Here are the steps:
- Press Home Button on your remote controller.
- Use directional key and go to settings.
- Select Network.
- Select Network settings.
- Choose Open association setting.
- Select remote.
- Select Your Host arranges.
- Put your Password.
- It will distinguish every one of the settings and will design your keen television.
How to hide the network name for the router?
To hide the name of the Wi-Fi network, and you can connect to it only if you know what it's called. Your network will not appear in the list of available networks.
Looking for and going to the "Wireless" tab. And in order to hide the SSID, just uncheck "Enable SSID Broadcast”. That's it, it's simple. Press the "Save" button to save the changes.
What problems (authentication error) we face when connecting phone, or tablet to Wi-Fi?
You are trying to connect your phone or tablet to your home network, enter the password, and in the connection status you see the message "Authentication problem" (or error, not important). That's all, the connection is not installed, the Internet, accordingly, does not work.
If such a problem occurs when connecting to public Wi-Fi, then it is unlikely to correct it, because we do not have access to the settings of the router. You can only check the password, maybe you entered it incorrectly.