Linksys Smart Wi-Fi routers are the leading networking devices used for transmitting the data wirelessly over the network and between the devices. Linksys Smart Wi-Fi routers are one of its kinds in this whole networking industry as they possess some great qualities like the rugged build for durability, multiple frequency bands for enhanced transmission speed, USB ports for removable devices and MU-MIMO ports etc.
Linksys N600 Dual Band router (Linksyssmartwifi.com)
The Linksys N600 Dual Band has some specific features listed as under.
- Simultaneous dual bands for faster data transfer rate across the devices.
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports render the blazing fast speed to the device like HD TVs, Gaming consoles etc.
- The multiple USB ports allow the connection of removable storage device to transfer the data to various devices.
- Interference free and double bandwidth of bands renders a great user experience.
Linksys smart wifi setup (http://linksyssmartwifi.com)
Setting up and configuring the latest Linksys smart Wi-Fi routers have become quite easy nowadays. Linksys Smart Wi-Fi routers are also compatible with the Linksys smart Wi-Fi application through which the users can control and access the live status of their network. The Linksys smart Wi-Fi allows the user to access the dashboard of their router remotely any time.
Some controls that the user can get on the Linksys smart Wi-Fi wizard are listed below.
- Network speed
- Media prioritization
- Parental controls
- Web filtration and other security options
- Device connections
Now, here in this section let us help you with the configuration of your Linksys wireless router setup. Follow the instructions below to set up your router successfully in no time.
- Just unbox the Linksys smart Wi-Fi router from its packaging first and look out for all the crucial components in it like the Ethernet cords (RJ45), Power adapter etc.
- Now connect the modem to the Internet port of the router that is also known as the WAN port with the help of an Ethernet cord.
- Again connect your PC to one of the several LAN ports through another LAN cable. Thus, establishing a secure and stable connection between these networking devices.
- Now switch on the power supply of the router/modem and wait till the indicator panel gets stable (lights turning solid green).
- Once the connection between the PC and the router/modem is established, open the web browser of your PC and enter the web address www.linksyssmartwifi.com in the URL bar.
- Authenticate the home login page of the router with a username and the password for which the default values are “admin” (for both fields).
- Navigate to the Internet WAN tab in the home page and then select the proper connection type from the drop-down list of connection types.
- Fill in the required details like the username and password provided by your Internet service provider for setting up the Internet connection.
- Click save and apply the changes tab and then click the reboot now button to complete the configuration process.
Once the configuration is done, your router will reboot itself to the latest settings written on it and all the changes will be made effective on its firmware. You are now ready to use the blazing fast speed of your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi router.
Some key facts about the Linksys router setup
- It is recommended that you should use the wired connection instead of the wireless one.
- Make sure that the reboot/restart process at the end isn’t hindered as that can lead to a minor or even major damage to the router’s firmware.
- Enable the DHCP server check box in the router’s configuration page.Use the web domain www.linksyssmartwifi.com to configure the router instead of the default IP address of the router i.e. 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1. This is quite complex and difficult to remember.